There are many important reasons to partner with the Paso del Norte Foundation to support your charitable giving.
1. Flexibility. The PDNF responds to the needs and interests of donors and charitable organizations by developing flexible means for giving. Donors have many ways to contribute including:
- Outright Gifts - Cash, Stock, Real Estate, Real Property, Oil/Mineral Rights
- Estate/Planned Gifts - Bequests, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan Benefits, Charitable Gift Annuities, Charitable Lead Trusts, Charitable Remainder Trusts
Donors may also establish any one of the following funds with gifts or pledges of $5,000 or more.
- Agency-Advised Funds
- Donor-Advised Funds
- Health Funds
- Education, Economic Development & Quality of Life Funds
- Supporting Organizations
2. Investment Support. Donor funds that are endowment in nature are co-mingled with assets of the Paso del Norte Health Foundation offering the benefits of the Health Foundation’s investment experience, oversight and lower fees.
3. Low overhead and support fees. Infrastructure and economies of scale offered by the Paso del Norte Health Foundation help minimize administrative overhead resulting in lower support fees. (.85% for gifts up to $1 million; .5% for the next $2-5 million; .35% over $5 million)
4. High level of transparency and accountability. The Foundation is committed to core values of transparency and accountability offering 24/7 access to “My Giving History” on-line and annual fund reports. The PDNF and its related funds are audited on an annual basis to ensure excellent stewardship of the resources entrusted to its care.
5. Administrative Support. As part of its fee structure, the PDNF provides administrative support for funds including gift receipting, fund accounting, donor reporting and fund distributions. Additionally, the PDNF can establish “sub-funds” within any given fund for specific purposes or donor recognition. Accounting is provided for sub-funds.
6. We’re Family. The PDNF has the capacity to support a wide-range of charitable interests and funds of all sizes. Presently, the PDNF has 67 funds in its family of funds including large agency foundations such as the EPISD Education Foundation, El Paso Pro Musica Foundation and Boys & Girls Clubs of El Paso Foundation and numerous Named Funds established to support health and education.
7. Support Binational Giving. The PDNF partners with the Fundación Paso del Norte para la Salud y Bienestar in Cd. Juarez to inspire and grow philanthropy to improve health and quality of life in Cd. Juarez. Donors can establish funds to benefit the Fundacion or other nonprofit organizations in Cd. Juarez. Donors may also make tax-deductible contributions in U.S. dollars to benefit charitable programs and services in Cd. Juarez.
8. Affiliation with the Paso del Norte Health Foundation. The PDNF was established in 2013 by the Paso del Norte Health Foundation. The PdNF benefits greatly from its relationship with the Health Foundation including best practices in board governance, efficiencies resulting from shared office space and administrative services, and top notch investment management and fiscal services.